14 Bolt SF for $75

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
both axles i have were the same

my 10 bolt that came in my truck and the axle i got out of a 89 k2500 light duty 4x4 are the exact same width and height. only difference when i put it was i put an AAL in at the same time because the rear was already lower than the front

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
Picked up a 14 bolt 6 lug out of a 98 z71 on sunday and it all looks the same as far as shocks springs all that stuff. I'll be getting the u joint for it tmrw... the only problem i have now is the drums won't come off the 14 bolt. It's like they are rusted to the axle, any advice on breaking em loose?? Or useful random knowledge about 9.5 14 bolt. not 10.5. i found tons of junk about that one.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
basically 9.5 sf is a stronger beefier 10 bolt with bigger parts..still a c-clip axle, just stronger pinion, bigger axle shafts, bigger breaks

and parts get pretty pricey compared to similar parts for the 10.5 axle....just 4.56 gears, and lockright locker cost over 700 for just the rear

shouldnt take to long to drop the axle and swap new one in, i did it in a few hrs with a few buddies, but i put new brake lines on, AAL in, and did it w/o power tools

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
Got it in today, but i still can't get the drums off. everything is in except the u joint, drive shaft, and parking brake cables. Do I need a puller?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't need a puller. You need to soak the center of the drum where it goes around the axle in PB Blaster or a good penetrating oil. Re-apply over the course of a couple days. No tricks or tools for this, just gotta use some muscle, prybars and maybe a mini sledge to shock it apart. Just corroded together.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to lift it at the same time. Should be done within around 2 weeks time from today. Going with a zone 6" lift. Gonna run 35x12.50 on my ar mojove teflon 16x8 wheels. Any suggestions for shocks/brake lines anything else I should do? Imagine I'll do 4.56 gears but I don't know I'll be able to throw that much more cash into it. I was gonna get one of the mag hytec covers for the rear end as well always thought they looked sweet.

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
I looked into the Zone products when i was looking for new shocks and all i could find was complaints about jeep lift kits that sag and mediocre shocks. I don't really know what kind of quality they offer. If you want to spend the money for good shocks I'd go with bilsteins. I think the ones for lifted trucks are 5100's. The counter guy at 4 wheel parts told me that any nitro shocks w/ reservoir is overkill for a short wheel base. He recommended the procomp es9000 and i got a set of 4 for $194.xx and I love them. 4.56 gears are better with 35s IMO. The 14 bolt sf i just threw in mine has factory 3.73's in it and my truck doesn't feel near as torquey as it used to with the 4.56's

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to lift it at the same time. Should be done within around 2 weeks time from today. Going with a zone 6" lift. Gonna run 35x12.50 on my ar mojove teflon 16x8 wheels. Any suggestions for shocks/brake lines anything else I should do? Imagine I'll do 4.56 gears but I don't know I'll be able to throw that much more cash into it. I was gonna get one of the mag hytec covers for the rear end as well always thought they looked sweet.

did you pick up the 14 bolt off that truck in punta gorda? i see your in nokomis, thats where i work but live in port charlotte. I took a look at that truck was gonna buy but the 4x4 was ripped apart.