IAC counts high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to incorporate lean cruise into the .bin? Sounds like it's leaning out under mid MAP. I don't think it's pick up coil or you would be having misfires.

dhworkin

Reaction score
Have you tried to incorporate lean cruise into the .bin? Sounds like it's leaning out under mid MAP. I don't think it's pick up coil or you would be having misfires.
Hmmm, you got me thinking. Data log doesn’t show lean cells but the AEM wideband o2 gauge does. Could it be the 3 wire o2 sensor?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the stock unmodified .bin? For $hits & giggles drop that back in and see how it acts. Do a datalog and focus on TPS,MAP and O2. Look for any glitches in readings. Maybe even take the emulator out.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, you got me thinking. Data log doesn’t show lean cells but the AEM wideband o2 gauge does. Could it be the 3 wire o2 sensor?
Could be if you have leaned out the .bin. Normally the if the O2 goes bad it will go into open loop and run off the programmed AFR table. Look for O2 cross counts in your datalog.

dhworkin

Reaction score
I go to the salvage yard a lot and when I see an ac delco sensor that looks good I buy it. I have 2/ o2 sensors

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to the salvage yard a lot and when I see an ac delco sensor that looks good I buy it. I have 2/ o2 sensors
That's not a part I would used in the used condition. They're only good for about 60,000 miles.
Good O2's are $40-$70,I'm sure you've spent a hell of a lot more for your emulator.

dhworkin

Reaction score
Do you still have the stock unmodified .bin? For $hits & giggles drop that back in and see how it acts. Do a datalog and focus on TPS,MAP and O2. Look for any glitches in readings. Maybe even take the emulator out.
Good idea. I’ll load the stock VE and timing table. Should I set fuel pressure to stock? Its at 23psi and 89 lb/hr in the bin. If so 12, 15 or 18psi?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock flow injectors? Go 14-15lbs. Why so much pressure? Why 89lbs/hr?
I don't think you're making enough HP to support that much fuel. Lots of headwork?

dhworkin

Reaction score
That's not a part I would used in the used condition. They're only good for about 60,000 miles.
Good O2's are $40-$70,I'm sure you've spent a hell of a lot more for your emulator.
And money on the Burn 2. Started burning, the emulator got unreliable for long term. I only use the emulator for open loop and real-time tuning