12' sub in a single cab??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He wouldn't necessarily need a extended cab, just go from bench to buckets. I have a system that has the capabilities of roof flexing right now. I am just going to redesign the box to incorporate a arm rest and cupholders plus go ported. My sub cant breathe right now so i don't thrash it. That XCON was bought in 2006 along with the amp. Has been in 3 different cars in 3 different boxes. In this truck i had a 2.0 cuft~3 box ported tuned to 40 hz behind the 60/40 bench. I lost about a click of space and it was okay. i had to go with a shallow mount sub so i lost some xmax, but it was a decent sounding and feeling setup. I don't doubt your setup Blackwater, all i'm trying to give is a view from a different perspective.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's what I'm running. 12" sub. When I had a bench seat I had to have it up about 3 inches from max (that matters of you're in the 6 foot and over club like me). I've since swapped to an 80/20 bench (drivers bucket and the rest is a solid bench). I can now sit back all the way and make just the passenger suffer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
He wouldn't necessarily need a extended cab, just go from bench to buckets. I have a system that has the capabilities of roof flexing right now. I am just going to redesign the box to incorporate a arm rest and cupholders plus go ported. My sub cant breathe right now so i don't thrash it. That XCON was bought in 2006 along with the amp. Has been in 3 different cars in 3 different boxes. In this truck i had a 2.0 cuft~3 box ported tuned to 40 hz behind the 60/40 bench. I lost about a click of space and it was okay. i had to go with a shallow mount sub so i lost some xmax, but it was a decent sounding and feeling setup. I don't doubt your setup Blackwater, all i'm trying to give is a view from a different perspective.

I haven't been on in awhile, but I have been trying to catch up on this site. Just been busy with work, fire station and around the house. I have been trying to find a blue 60/40 bench but also wrestling the thought of losing my arm rest so I think I am going to find a 2010 seats and have the jump seat with fold down arm rest. Me having a manual is not ideal to have three people in that single cab anyways. Plus I have my 2007 GMC crew cab for extra personnel. That will free up the space for the sub. I also looking at getting the kick plat pods to be able to put 6 1/2 in them. but I have seen a 5 1/4 fir in the doors then I can get the three way components and put the 3 1/2s halfway up the door and the tweets either in the A pillar or top of the door panel.

Last edited: