z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
might as well it's not like there's any "real" significant difference between a 4x4 and a z

Sent from my static android

Other than skid plates and shocks which I have installed I thought the rear axle was different depending on year. Any chance that the tcase may be different?

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive always heard, bilstein shocks, skid plate, stiffer rear springs, badging, and aluminum swirl rims... I basicly have all that

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Bilsteins all around. Front diff and transfer case skid plates. Wheels were on the truck when I bought it and sticker placement doesn't seem to bother me much since its not a true z. Vin's out to a regular 4x4. Oh well. She runs sand dunes really well and that truck will cruise at 95 all day straight as an arrow with not a shimmy in it. I love it

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its 1" off the taillight, with the bottom of the decal in line with the bottom of the taillight.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The rear axle and t-case are all the same, skidplates and shocks were the only real difference but by now the factory shocks would have hopefully been changed

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its 1" off the taillight, with the bottom of the decal in line with the bottom of the taillight.

Finally! An answer to theoriginal question rather than speculation on the sticker itself

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Basically all a Z71 really amounts to is skid plates and better shocks (Blistien HDs) added to a standard 4x4.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone