Wood grain interior kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad this resurfaced... I'm a woodturner and have a lot of cool looking pieces of wood on hand and I've been looking for places to incorporate some real wood trim and filler pieces when I get around to the interior... don't think I'd want to play with the stickums though.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wood is meant for trees..not cars. Woodgrain says Old Person all over it, looks like in many cars I've looked at. I can't tell you how hard it would be for me to ever find a new truck I liked, I'd have to special order it without the woodgrain.

To the reference of old people.... To each his own. Thousands of luxury and very, very popular vehicles have Real wood grain. (and young people love buying them) I guess the old people must have more money than the young people. I personally am a young person and I love Real wood grain thats done in a tasteful way. Too many people get Fake plastic add-on wood grain kits and downgrade the look of what a true luxury Real wood grained vehicle is. They have many different stains for different looks. (I guess I'm just old minded). Truth is Truth!!

Last edited:

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i like mine...had it for 8 years

You must be registered for see images attach

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
looks pretty good and different place for the tachs but do they get in the way of the speedo?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
no...tilt and 4 ways, also work...put them there so when i tape dyno runs..i can get all info in one shot

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
To the reference of old people.... To each his own. Thousands of luxury and very, very popular vehicles have Real wood grain. (and young people love buying them) I guess the old people must have more money than the young people. I personally am a young person and I love Real wood grain thats done in a tasteful way. Too many people get Fake plastic add-on wood grain kits and downgrade the look of what a true luxury Real wood grained vehicle is. They have many different stains for different looks. (I guess I'm just old minded). Truth is Truth!!

I can agree with you on a lot of that. It just depends on who you are.

I love wood. I do a lot of wood working when I get time. It's something I enjoy. But me personally, I hate any and all forms of wood in vehicles. It just doesn't look right to me. Never has. But that's just my opinion.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off, I love how this thread lay dormant for 2 months, only to be revived by the post "Burl wood gives me a chubby."

Secondly, when it comes to adding woodgrain to a vehicle that didn't originally have it, it has to be done properly.

Personally, I would love to cut out the 10-2 section of the steering wheel foam, and the 5-7 section, and add some real wood there. Think that would look real nice.

Then, just a minimal amount added to the dash, on places where one would likely expect it to be, not sticking it on every square inch of interior plastic like so many of these kits.

Like this:

You must be registered for see images

That steering wheel is pure sex.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

what i have in mine... was free though found it in tahoe in junk yard that hand a funky wood center console and stuff too lol may have a picture of that still. i collect those pieces every time i go to junk yards so have a bunch of the blank dash pieces

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I can agree with you on a lot of that. It just depends on who you are.

I love wood. I do a lot of wood working when I get time. It's something I enjoy. But me personally, I hate any and all forms of wood in vehicles. It just doesn't look right to me. Never has. But that's just my opinion.

Completely agreed.