Wig Wag Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I've seen videos on Youtube of people making their hi-beams into wig wag headlights on their truck. I'm not intending to use these for anything other than "show purposes," does anyone know how to do it? None of the videos really explain how. Either that, or strobe headlights, or something. I just like the look, of them at night.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked at wheelen to see what they have? The people here that have them, have additional sockets tapped into the lights... Not sure if it's the correct way, but my guess is, you get a flasher, power supply, and LED bulbs, and replace the stock highs with them

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is a specific flasher called a "wig wag" flasher, that flashes the stock halogen headlight or reverse lights like you see on cop cars, you can get them though galls or such law/fire/ems sites sell them

now a days more people are just putting strobes or hideaway led bulbs into the housing rather than adding a flasher to the stock halogen headlights

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with you, I like the idea of the ones that you drill a small hole in the light housing, and mount the LEDs there, kind of a stealth type flasher

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep

im tempted to take my drls out in the dmax and just put some led bulbs in there and run an led flasher for them just to have some sort of lights

the actual led hideaway bulbs are nice, you can run as many or few as you want because they are all stand alone lights

i have strobes in the front lights, strobe and halogen flashers in the lightbar, led light on the dash and tir3 led lights under the tailgate on the obs....i feel plain w/o my lights on the new truck

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: So the OBS must light up like a Christmas Tree!! I really like my dads Denali under tailgate lights, They're just the three lights, never been big on the full light bar, looks too much like a Walmart Supershelf item to me (hope I didn't offend anyone, just my personal opinion) but if I could modify a Denali type under tailgate light, to have clear lens's and red LEDs, I'd definetly put one on! I like lights too! I've got the vizor, parklights, bumper markers, valence, and soon to have upper corners (got the wiring, just been to cold to put it on) for the front, and just the LED tails/third on the back, NEED MOAR LIGHTS! :lol::lol:

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont have that many that stay lit up...all my lights are flashing lights......