Whos running 20"s? Whats the widest rear wheel/ tire combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glocklimited9

Reaction score
Hey guys, im lowering my 97 sc stepside, just a 3" front 4" rear , whats the widest rear 20" wheel i can run on the back and what size tire? Also will a 20x8.5 rub on the front? i want to play it safe on the front and i hate wheels that rub, thanks

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
It all depends on the backspacing and offset on your wheels. 20x8.5 will be fine up front as long as it "tucks" and you will probably have to roll your front fenders for better clearance so you dont shred your sidewall. Out back again depends on wheel offset and backspacing. For example i run a 10" wide wheel with a 6.25" backspace and it tucks under the rear fender fine with a slight trim on the fender lip. What wheels you plan on running with your drop? 3/4 drop you can get up to probably a 295 tire max if you still want some sidewall on the tire

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
2/4 drop. 255/45-20, 8.5" rim, & 295/40-20, 10" rim.

You must be registered for see images attach

Same tires & wheels. 4/7 drop. I'm getting good at rolling fenders! (2/4 drop didn't require the rears to be done.)

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Man your truck makes me want to buy a pair of 10" wide wheels to throw on mine, looks great man. Think they would tuck in the back on mine lol?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Just took these a few min. ago, first nice day we have had since i've been off.

not mine here is his tire sizes

Thanks guys, on the front i use a thin 7/16 spacer and trimmed the tabs down to get the cap to snap in, the tires are 275-40 on the front and 315-35 on the rear.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Man your truck makes me want to buy a pair of 10" wide wheels to throw on mine, looks great man. Think they would tuck in the back on mine lol?

Well, the section width is 12", the tread width is 11", & they 29.2" tall. Get that meassuring tape out!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score

I betcha they would tuck, itd be a tight fit maybe but they would. Im currently dropped 7" out back on 275/35's and my rear fenders arent rolled

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
It makes me sad that on your trucks dumped more inches than I have ride height, I still can't fit a tire anywhere near as much tire under my GTO as you guys have.