Where to get a new Distributor the whole shabang?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a new Distributer the whole deal and cap n rotor. I got new wires aswell. Seems like thats my problem. Truck won't even stay running anymore unless you have your foot on the gas.
Where should I order my distributor from?! I'm broke... I can't go all MSD **** right now. Is there anything like OEM on summit or something? I'd like to get it by monday btw.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out ebay man! You can find some super deals on the same parts orieleys, napa, advanced etc carry. Last week my wheel bearing/hub went out and i looked it up at orieleys, and it was $125 MY COST! Went on ebay, and found the same exact hub for $44.95 shipped. And it was here in 2 days from Pensylvania. So i'd check that out to see if you can find one cheaper online bud!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a billet one on ebay that was recommended on FSC. It was a great deal(I forget the price now). It is for my 98 vortec, so the billet is a big upgrade from the stock plastic one. Haven't had any issue with it. Been in for almost a year.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine complete from R.K. Buzzells, which is an AC Delco parts dealer here in town. The distributor was not an ACDelco part, cant remmeber the make of it. I think it was a reman as used mine as a core.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my dist, only from autozone for like $110 total and bought a cap and rotor from them, forget the price.

skipwhite/whiteperformance has them complete on ebay for like $65, I'd check with him.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
Check out ebay man! You can find some super deals on the same parts orieleys, napa, advanced etc carry. Last week my wheel bearing/hub went out and i looked it up at orieleys, and it was $125 MY COST! Went on ebay, and found the same exact hub for $44.95 shipped. And it was here in 2 days from Pensylvania. So i'd check that out to see if you can find one cheaper online bud!

Yeah you buy that chinese crap, There is a reason why the price is so low ! JUNK

tnkhackworth

Reaction score
i got one at kmjent.com cheap like 60 bucks real nice i am running it now no problems nice and cheap

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah you buy that chinese crap, There is a reason why the price is so low ! JUNK

I don't buy anything thats junk, the hub i bought of off ebay was the exact same one (down to the part number) that orieleys had at $125. The last hub assy. i had to buy, was for my 01' DTS. I bought one at Carquest, and i think it was roughly $95 my cost. I've had that in my DTS for over a year and half and no problems what so ever. As long as you get the spindle nut torqued down to specs, you'll have no problem what so ever :handshake:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the ACDelco distributor is junk, why would they make it out of plastic with plastic threaded cap hold down, I can't count how many I've seen with broken or stripped hold down tabs. I've heard the ebay aluminum vortec distributor is a good one, I've run the accel aluminum vortec distributor (the only accel part that I actually like BTW) but its expensive.

whatever you do, make sure you install it correctly to get the CMP offset adjusted correctly. you NEED a proper scanner to do it. go to the second page of this pdf for installation instructions to align the CMP sensor.

http://www.eficonnection.com/24x/documents/24xSmallBlockChevyInstallation.pdf

this will get it close and it will drive, but you'll want to log the CMP retard offset to set it exactly.