Where does this fuse belong to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Maybe a long shot - maybe someone know? Having some electrical trouble on my 89 Silverado and I found this 5 amp fuse in the glovebox. Have to check all possibilities. It's much smaller than ordinary fuses. Under 1/2 inch.

You must be registered for see images attach

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe a long shot - maybe someone know? Having some electrical trouble on my 89 Silverado and I found this 5 amp fuse in the glovebox. Have to check all possibilities. It's much smaller than ordinary fuses. Under 1/2 inch.

It belongs in the previous owners late model car most likely.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you open the driver's door on a 95+ there's a panel on the side of the dash. And of course the box under the hood has them with the relays and such.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah, 88-94 didn't use the mini-fuses from the factory. What are your electrical issues?

Reaction score
No blinkers, hazards or brake lights. Reverse/back-up light working randomly. Happened after a shop welded in a new muffler without disconnecting the battery. Checked fuses, grounds and changed blinkers relay. No clicking. Checked wires going to the rear lights.

Reaction score
If you open the driver's door on a 95+ there's a panel on the side of the dash. And of course the box under the hood has them with the relays and such.

No fusebox under the hood on the 89. Only under the dash. Have not checked the fusible links under the hood yet though. Don´t know exactly where they go. Would like a wiring diagram. Have been searching on the net.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 95+ trucks got those, I don't think yours would have had any.
I believe you are thinking of the bigger size. If I am not mistaken that is a much smaller size.
I might be totally wrong though because I thought that my 2002 didn't have that size fuse and I just checked and it does.
Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk