Whats the deal with these lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live_action

Reaction score
i found two sets of lights on ebay i like. they are the exact lights sold buy the same seller, but one is half the price of the other. one set claims its for gmc only and the other set says for chevrolet and gmc. if the only difference between chevy and gmc lights is the corner lights wouldnt it be better to buy the cheaper set and hope the corners fit and if not buy a seperate set for $18 on ebay.
just want to be sure before i buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-98-GMC-Sierra-C-K-1500-Black-Smoke-Lens-Headlights-Corner-Light-Bumper-8pcs-/190843259644?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6f250afc&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-98-GMC-C-K-1500-Black-Smoke-Lens-Headlights-Corner-Light-Bumper-8pcs-Combo-/180891530484?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1df9b4f4&vxp=mtr

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I wouldn't order either set, and here's why:

The second set says that it fits both Chevy AND GMC. GMC corner lenses are completely different from the Chevy ones, they are not even close to be interchangeable. So if they say that a set, which includes corner lights, fits both.....then they don't know what they're talking about, and I wouldn't trust them to have a good product or stand behind it if there are issues. It's much easier to find individual pieces you like and order them separately (headlights, corner lights, parking lights). It's also usually cheaper. Sometimes a set can be a good deal, but I would pay attention to if they say it fits Chevy trucks or GMC trucks only. If they claim they fit both, and they have corner lights, they are wrong.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That comment alone is reason enough to walk away. Or spend a bunch of time getting your money returned through a paypal dispute. Just not worth it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I wouldn't order either set, and here's why:

The second set says that it fits both Chevy AND GMC. GMC corner lenses are completely different from the Chevy ones, they are not even close to be interchangeable. So if they say that a set, which includes corner lights, fits both.....then they don't know what they're talking about, and I wouldn't trust them to have a good product or stand behind it if there are issues. It's much easier to find individual pieces you like and order them separately (headlights, corner lights, parking lights). It's also usually cheaper. Sometimes a set can be a good deal, but I would pay attention to if they say it fits Chevy trucks or GMC trucks only. If they claim they fit both, and they have corner lights, they are wrong.
:word:

This made me :lol:

"!!!Please note the corner light might not fit on some Model, Corner light are free bundle so no return!!!

- Only purchase it if you agree this term - "

Sounds like they dont know about the difference, and dont care if they **** you over.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont mean to go after technicalities, but the corners are interchangeable. You just have to interchange the entire grille if they dont fit.

But I still wouldnt buy them, but that's my personal tastes.

live_action

Reaction score
Then could someone suggest to me where to get a good set of smoked headlights along with the turn signals and corner lights also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I dont mean to go after technicalities, but the corners are interchangeable. You just have to interchange the entire grille if they dont fit.

Please tell me you are kidding...

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score

Which means corners are not interchangeable.

It's not a technicality. You cannot put Chevy corners on a GMC grille. Or GMC corners on a Chevy grille.