What's Next

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My current setup is a 96 k1500 with 175k miles. I have already installed dual exhaust, air intake, and have had it tuned by . I am looking for suggestions for the next performance enhancer since the government so kindly decided to return some of my hard earned money recently.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My current setup is a 96 k1500 with 175k miles. I have already installed dual exhaust, air intake, and have had it tuned by . I am looking for suggestions for the next performance enhancer since the government so kindly decided to return some of my hard earned money recently.

If the .gov is returning enough $$ for you to mod your truck, then you need to make changes to your W-4. Next step would be long tube headers with a balance tube as close the the collectors as you can get it. I recommend pacesetter LTs as they have a very desireable collector design, thick flanges, good seal welds, and are US made. With these I would install header collector extensions (you can install the balance tube in these) so that your overall collector length is roughly 18".

Reaction score
I was thinking headers as well since I don't really want to tear into the engine until it's ready to go. Also, I'm wary of forced induction or nitrous since the miles are getting high. How hard is the header install for a novice mechanic?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I was thinking headers as well since I don't really want to tear into the engine until it's ready to go. Also, I'm wary of forced induction or nitrous since the miles are getting high. How hard is the header install for a novice mechanic?

Not very difficult its pretty much a straight forward kinda deal