What year transmissions can I use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMFORLIFE

Reaction score
This is what I have. I currently have a 98 GMC Sierra scsb 2wd with a 4.3 v6 4l60e that I bought with no reverse. My question is what year transmission's can I use in my truck? Can I use one that say came out of a s-series truck or blazer or maybe a newer generation truck say 99+ that had a 4.3 4l60e combo in it? I'm finding it hard to find one out of a 98 in my area. I do know my truck isn't year specific like the 95's I've been reading about on here. I've been reading a lot of threads on here and see that this community is very knowledgeable with all areas of these trucks. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can use one from an s truck/blazer also it doesnt have to be from a 4.3 can be behind a v8 truck or van 96 to 99 not sure after 99 off of a v6 but any yard can cross reference the years to use.I also think camaro or firebird 96 up work

GMFORLIFE

Reaction score
Looks like I will be getting a transmission Sunday. It's out of a 2000 Silverado with 89,000 miles an a new converter for $300. It's not the one on Craigslist but one a friend of a friend has.

bill9799

Reaction score
Ive kinda got the same question. I have a rebuilt 4l60e in my 97 2wd with a 4.3. I bought a 99 2wd with the 5.7 both full size extended cab but havent had any luck finding out if they are the same transmission. Any info would be greatly appreciated.