What trans is it and why the quick shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agent319

Reaction score
That makes me mad that O'reilly's Auto sells a part that is this important that is not the correct length. Put that much time into it and it's the wrong length.

agent319

Reaction score
The 0'reilly guy's around here are stupid. If you want something right, I go to NAPA.

Either O'reilly or AutoZone. NAPA is not in this area. I'm going to take that part back to O'reilly and go to Stealership I guess.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
The original cable is very hard to remove so I was unable to take it with me to the parts store and compare it to the new one. The new cable fit perfectly but is about one inch to long. Is there anyway to take this one inch slack up some how? Maybe cut the end off and clamp it?

I wouldn't want to try that. If it comes loose or breaks the transmission will be toast within a mile.

agent319

Reaction score
Well after thinking about it for a day I decided to go ahead with what I got from O'reilly Auto. I read, watched videos, you name it about how to adjustment the Throttle Valve cable on the 700r4. Some experts on youtube were even installing some cables that had a foot of extra cable (not the housing) and all they did was put a wire clamp at the point where there was tension and cut off the excess. So that's what I did. I took it for a test spin and she shifted like it was new. Shifted at the right RPM and everything. So I drover her to work and it went of with out a hitch.

Thank you all for your help on this because I wouldn't have even known where to begin. All my friends think I'm an expert but I give all you guys the credit!!!

Last edited: