What next...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
straight axle! i want one but cant afford one right now. it would be badass on your truck man!

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I may have spotted a ford truck with donor axles at a friends shop. It was a dana 60 for the axle swap wasnt it? Damn is a d60 8 lug? So many questions lol. If j can get a bolt on kit I have no doubt that I could do it all myself. Hell I did my clutch in the truck by myself....it wasnt fun but I got it done.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
i mean you could always bolt on the kit your self and get some weld reinforcements in some places at a shop. and yes a dana 60 is 8 lug but i have a hp 44 and its from a f250 so its 8 lug. as soon as i get my hands on a dana 60 im going to swap that in so ill have a more "bullet proof" drive train

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah. i figure ill start looking for the parts etc to piece it together and have it done right. From what ive gathered the past few days i shouldnt need a ram steering system unless i got to a tire larger than a 35 or 36 iirc. Those things were like 1200 bones just themselves lol.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
lol yea. i dont have ram assist and im on 38s but im dropping down to 37s tomorrow because tires arnt cheap in a 38. but its definitely good that your doing your research on what youll need

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a front axle out of an old f250 77ish model i'm gonna go look at soon for $200 bucks still has all the steering crap on it. I glanced at it earlier this morning and it was nasty as hell, but he claims the internals were all good and they just scrapped the truck cuz they couldnt get a title for it lol. i'm searching right now to make sure its the right dana that i'm looking for. It was an 8lug axle iirc so i may be on the right track. lemme know if 200 sounds steep or if i should jump on it like a ***** high school kid on a free hooker.

forgot to mention he still has the springs for it as well.

Last edited:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
sounds good. especially if its a dana 60. and thats driver side drop so its what you want. how big are the springs? because the SAS kits add 3 inches to whatever hight they are. so if they are a 2 inch that would make your truck sit at 5 inches of lift height. but for $200 that leaves money for gears if you need them to match the rear and to clean it all up

Last edited: