What kind of headlight bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blasphemy

Reaction score
I just installed some Auxbeam F-16 LED lights (9005/9006) and so far the brightness is incredible compared to halogens. I haven't had a chance to road test and adjust the housings but so far the install was super easy and even though I only have 10.5 volts to the lights while the engine is running, they're super bright!! I'll update with my full review tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBaganATX

Reaction score
You're welcome!

Also just a heads up, there's a quick and easy mod we refer to as the 4-Hi mod. Basically installing a relay so that when you hit the high beams, all four bulbs will stay on instead of it just switching to the other two. Twice the output when you activate your high beams for $10-15 and 30 minutes of work.

There's a big ol' stickied thread up at the top of this section of the forum about it.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/4-hi-headlight-mod.122/
I want to do this while I'm redoing my parking light and marker light harness!

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BluC10

Reaction score
I just installed some Auxbeam F-16 LED lights (9005/9006) and so far the brightness is incredible compared to halogens. I haven't had a chance to road test and adjust the housings but so far the install was super easy and even though I only have 10.5 volts to the lights while the engine is running, they're super bright!! I'll update with my full review tomorrow

Any update on the Auxbeam bulbs? I was looking at getting myself some for Christmas wanna make sure they are good before I purchase them!

Blasphemy

Reaction score
Any update on the Auxbeam bulbs? I was looking at getting myself some for Christmas wanna make sure they are good before I purchase them!
My review thus far for the Auxbeam LED bulbs. First and formost, like I said, they are incredibly bright and almost too bright. I have the housings pointed down pretty far and I occasionally get flashed by on coming drivers when my low beams are on. Some people say that they should only be used in a projector style headlight but I disagree with this. If they are pointed correctly they work great. The light is bright, clean and has a slight blue-ish tint to it. The fans on the lights don't bother me at all considering I have a V8 to drown out the noise. I still have to add some relays to do the 4 light conversion but that can only make these lights better especially considering they will have full running voltage after I do it. I haven't encountered anything that I don't like about them so I'd give them an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

BluC10

Reaction score
My review thus far for the Auxbeam LED bulbs. First and formost, like I said, they are incredibly bright and almost too bright. I have the housings pointed down pretty far and I occasionally get flashed by on coming drivers when my low beams are on. Some people say that they should only be used in a projector style headlight but I disagree with this. If they are pointed correctly they work great. The light is bright, clean and has a slight blue-ish tint to it. The fans on the lights don't bother me at all considering I have a V8 to drown out the noise. I still have to add some relays to do the 4 light conversion but that can only make these lights better especially considering they will have full running voltage after I do it. I haven't encountered anything that I don't like about them so I'd give them an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Thank you for the review! With that being said look like it is time to order myself some auxbeam l headlights off of amazon lol. I'll finally be able to see again