What brand oxygen sensor ntk or denso

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by man-a-fre, Sep 10, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. man-a-fre

man-a-fre Newbie

What brand oxgen sensor between these two would you guys recommend for my 1994 5.7 short reg cab k1500 auto.I am trying to improve my gas mileage and was wondering if mabe one switches counts quicker than the others or if there all the same.Any info helps thank you.

2. Schurkey

Schurkey I'm Awesome

I've heard bad things about Bosch. Zero personal experience with them, but I've been disappointed in other Bosch products and Bosch-owned companies (OTC Tools, for example), so I avoid them like the Plague.

No real opinion on other brands. I'm in the process of cramming four sensors into my '97; I bought Densos this time.

I've used Delco O2 sensors and been satisfied. Same with NGK.

The "speed" of the O2 sensor probably has more to do with it's age and mileage than with the brand. Kinda like batteries--Bunny or Coppertop, doesn't make any difference, it's the base chemistry that sets batteries apart (zinc-carbon, "alkaline", and the newer, more-expensive formulations) not the manfuacturer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    DerekTheGreat and PlayingWithTBI like this.
  3. PlayingWithTBI

PlayingWithTBI Desert Old Guy

Yes, they will get "lazy" with age. If they get contaminated with anti-seize or silicone, throw them away. I use heated ACDelco NB sensors, but I did go with a Bosch WB O2 in an Innovate kit for tuning, still seems to be working OK.

4. fancyTBI

fancyTBI half-ton fun

Had a denso and it was junk. Lasted for 3 months! I use AC Delco for most stuff these days.

I have also heard more bad about Bosch O2 sensors.

5. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

Ironic, I replaced both O2 sensors 2 years ago with Delco. One failed in less than a year, the other I just replaced tonight. Delco has a shitty design where the ground is soldered to a lug that's spot welded to the sensor body which failed on the one sensor and just fell off.

6. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

I would think either would be fine.

7. vr1967

vr1967 Newbie

May want to consider swapping to a heated o2 sensor, as I think a 94 was still non heated.

8. man-a-fre

man-a-fre Newbie

My 94 is the heated one in the crossover.,Ordered the denso and its working great for now fast counts so far so good but only been on 1 day.