What air cleaner will fit on a TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettdn

Reaction score
My friend bought an Edelbrock Pro-Flo air cleaner and it didn't fit, we had to go to our local speed shop and pick up a riser (Can't remember how tall it was) but everything fit decent but the air cleaner shakes around and isn't permanently secured. I finally get my first TBI truck and I don't want to make the same mistake so what kind of Air Cleaner am I looking for? Obviously a drop base air cleaner didn't fit that great so should I look for a raised base or something else?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a mr gasket flat base air cleaner on a TBI motor, my local autozone sells the whole air cleaner cheap, although I don't use the filter or lid, but the base is perfect.

brettdn

Reaction score
I live in Canada so sadly I don't have an Autozone up here but I can always order stuff from Summit Racing or get it at my local speed shop. Do you remember the part number for the whole assembly?

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as you have the spacer and its not a drop base air cleaner it'll work. Same size opening as all 4 barrel carburetors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro