Well this WAS not fun. (trouble starting/running truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
let not jump to conclusions too fast, check the free things also before you replace anything. i agree its prob the alt, but dont forget what connects it to the system! check all your cables for corosion and all that good stuff.

life would be easier if people did this. 90% of the time it doesn't work out but it's worth it for the 10% of the time it's a free fix.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try giving it just a little gas when it starts I have had my share of dead batteries and occasionally when I start it it runs for a few seconds and dies . Start it give it some gas so the ECM can relearn I believe that is what it going on. Let us know what you find.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is alt...I was always told the dead easy way to tell if your alt is effed is unhook your battery while the truck is running if it dies your alt isnt putting out...plain and simple

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
My guess is alt...I was always told the dead easy way to tell if your alt is effed is unhook your battery while the truck is running if it dies your alt isnt putting out...plain and simple

I was told that if you did this you could damage a good alternator in the process.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well after having the battery tested 3 separate times, and charged for over 36 hours, i hooked it up to the truck, and i must have put about 40 miles on the truck today, everything was fine. I will need a new battery quick though, this one is on its last legs. Any suggestions?

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found a quick lube shop that has ac delco batteries for 90 bucks, i think im gonna go that route.