weird wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have intermitent wipers but when I accelarate hard they will stay on if I shut them off and then wont return back to the bottom of the windshield when they stop.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard this before, and IIRC, the fix is to open the wiper box and resolder the poijt where the connections tend to break. Try to perform a search on this. I would, but, Im busy.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not technical at all, you can buy a new board for pretty cheap. If you have about 15 min and a soldering iron, you can fix it. On my 98, I pulled the circuit board out of the box and looked at the back side. You will see all the solder connections where components were attached to the circuit board. I held the soldering iron on each of the solder connections until it liquified. I think the solder had cracked over time and just needed to be remelted to restore a good connection. That was about 5 years ago and wipers still operate perfectly.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
rain-x, 65 mph, daytime. BOOM!! problem solved haha. i had this happen to me as well. just replaced the motor. salvage yards have them for about $20 bucks and takes 30 min to replace.