warped rotors 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok so my rotors i believe are warped. i replaced the rotors when i first got my truck which helped alittle but still felt alittle warped even with brand new napa gold quality rotors.... not the cheap ones at least.
well it seems to be back to the way it was. my question is should i replace the rotors again OR should i try to get them turned? and if i can get them turned is there a way i could have them turned on the truck by any shops OR do i have to take them off th etruck to get done?

its just getting on my nerves more and more. i know my pads are good because i replaced the pads about 4months ago or so along with new slider bolts on the calipers due to uneven pad wear from my slide bolts not sliding like they should.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
As long as the shop has an on-car brake lathe they can do it. I know when I worked at the dealership I used the on-car on gmt400's so I didn't have to mess with the bearings. Unless the customer wanted them changed.

Also check your drums. They could be warped also.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have alway's taken rotor's off to be turned, it just to easy to do, and the place where I go will turn both front rotor's for $10.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
The drums I had turned when I replaced them originally. I do have some extra drums I bought from junkyard truck that lookedbrand new afew years back I've been meaning to swap out. Guess ill just have those checked and rtors turned and hope thatwill solve it next payday.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
on cars are easier for front bearings for sure. plus trying to find a size for the rotor machine for those rotors is a pain in the ****