Wanted- Stabilizer Shock Up Front for shaking wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys so my 98 2 door Tahoe has an issue .I never had this happen before but it did. I am having an issue with the "death shake" a friend called it. Kinda hit a bump then the front wheels start shaking.

Then he told me of the stabilizer shock that can be mounted to the front end and stop the shaking .Now it happened to me about 3-4 times in the last month or so.

So what do I do?? When I got it a couple years ago I did a bunch of work. Idler arm, pitman arm and a few tie rods as well as new links.
Where and how much should I expect to pay for a good stabilizer shock??

Thanks in advance for the help guys

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate the "add a stabilizer to it and it will stop" statements with a passion... A STABILIZER IS JUST A BANDAID. A properly set up steering and suspension does not need a stabilizer.. if your wheel shakes and or you have/get death wobble there is something wrong with the steering and or suspension.. end of story..

sent from what use to be a great country...

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'll tell you what, I'm def gonna take s look see and see if there is anything that needs attention.

No bandaids for me, its gotta be perfect .

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't the stabilizer supposed to just help with "bump steer" while off roading? Def have something wrong. The death wobble is common on lifted vehicles with incorrect steering geometry.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to a different shop that knows what they're doing with front ends. I had to do that when I lifted mine. First shop messed it up.

Sent from my iPhone

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck is not lifted. But I did go with a size bigger on the phone wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the stabilizer supposed to just help with "bump steer" while off roading? Def have something wrong. The death wobble is common on lifted vehicles with incorrect steering geometry.

This is true and helps the steering wheel from spinning and breaking your fingers off if your not paying attention, and mostly due to worn parts ( at least in my case ) or just incorrectly installed parts. And if that's the case it's worthless just the same