vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roy c

Reaction score
Did anyone ever experience this: When i cost around 30-35 mph i feel a vibration
underneath front seat. don't know if its tranny, drive shaft or 4x4 driveshaft. only
at that speed range on a coast not under load. thanks roy

iggyspred

Reaction score
Ive got someting similar going on. Thinking it was u joints too, back ones tight the fronts a little sloppy but doesnt seem bad enough to be making any noise. Ive read there can be some issues with the slip yoke vibrating, transfer case not disengaging completely, or some rattle with the cv joints. Ive wiggled everything and cant come up with anything other than maybe its my exhaust thats tie wired to frame. If I come up with anything new i'll let you know.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
check pinion and u joints, if that doesnt work take a file and clean of by each weld yoke and check your runout with a dial in the middle and both ends. if its 4x4 it would happen when its only in 4wd to be the front driveshaft. if you take your slip yoke out and check it for any wear on it ould mean your bushing or seal is worn in the trans and causes it to whip.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a vib when mine goes into lock up so im going to change out my TC I tried a Dr. Tranney red additive even a posi track additive and it did not get any better.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drove my truck to Galveston hopeing the additive would work on it as I wrote on another thread I added a bottle of limited slip from the Dealership and as I wrote no change im just going to break down and change out the T.C. remember im trying Dr. Transmission and it's a no go.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck does the same thing between 60-65. IMO it feels like the transmission is shifting back and forth between overdrive and a lower gear rapidly. My dad said I should check the shift solenoids but I haven't had a chance yet.

'92 Chevy C1500 stock TBI 350... For now

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yall are describing "torque converter shutter" The OP is having an issue when he releases the throttle.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yall are describing "torque converter shutter" The OP is having an issue when he releases the throttle.

Oh, well thanks for solving my problem. OPs problem seems to me like a lack of air or fuel to the intake.

'92 Chevy C1500 stock TBI 350... For now