USCAR injector in L29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fez_Jet_Az

Reaction score
Folks

For anyone who has wondered if a USCAR style connection on a new injector will fit with the adapter under an L29 plenum, IT WILL NOT... Frankly the adapters did not want to even fully seat in the GM factory injector harness without being filed and drilled some inside the housing, so please do not try this it will fail.

I had acess to a sample adapter from a buddys engine.

I am installing a set of Ford Motorsports M-9593-LU24A on my engine build and tested this today.

I will end up cutting the factory Jetronic injector plugs out of my harness and splicing in a set of USCAR plugs to in order to get these injectors to perform.

I gave 200$ for this set of new injectors at Summit, which is the best dang deal going around right now for a set of 8 new injectors, they have nice 6 hole spray nozzle and fit just great on the fuel rail and intake. The USCAR plugs are coming off Amazon for 16$ for the set of 8.

Scoured the injector body for a part# that will give a hint to the manufacturer of these units, and 9l3e is stamped on injector but FoMoCo is also stamped. They are listed a Denso unit on a few injector spcialty web stores including fiveomotorsport who are well regarding in selling L29 owners the Bosch 19lb injectors.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/ford-racing-fomoco-9l3e-e7a-24lb/

View media item 31712

Last edited: