Understanding '96 pcm identification?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElPoopTarts

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im a new member, and have recently purchased my first c1500. I picked it up for dirt cheap, and knew about the possible wiring issue it had.... but now I am now starting to believe it's a pcm issue that i have.... while digging around the wiring harnesses in the engine bay, and behind the dash. I noticed the blackbox pcm had been unlocked from its cradle. I'm thinking that the previous may have either tampered with this pcm or replaced it with another one. Now my question is... how do I identify this pcm? I have Google all the numbers on this Blackbox and have come up with little -to- no sources of a actual solid answer. My c1500 is a 2wd '96 4.3l w/4l60e. Is there any other to identify this pcm? Thanks for reading and giving logical advice. The service number at the top says 16208546. And the other one on the bottom says 16200785.