Turn signal light staying on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys before I start tearing truck apart , I wanted to see if anybody had any info on my problem first. Yesterday I go to turn on my headlights and the right turn arrow on cluster stays lit up, and wont come off. All lights still work and even though arrow is lit the outside blinker is not on. I have all leds bulbs inside cluster and my front lights and my tail lights are leds. None are blown out either. If truck is off and I move turn lever to right turn signal and then turn lights on ,the arrow on cluster is off but has soon as I move lever back to middle the arrow comes back on. And turn arrow only stays on when I turn headlights on. It doesn't stay on when truck if off. Any ideas?? Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had this happen before with a bad multi function switch, I swapped it out for another, problem solved, I keep lots of spare parts on hand just for these types of issues.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think you're gonna find out it's a feedback issue with the LED cluster bulbs. Not sure how you solve it because I haven't gone LED in the cluster yet, but surely someone else has already figured it out...a little searching probably turn it up.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have searched and so far only one guy had a issue similar to mine but he didn't post the fix. This happen to me one time before where both turn arrows were on but they came back off in a day. It all started after this big down pour of rain and streets got flooded. Maybe front turn signal connectors have corrosion in them from the water. I don't know but the bulbs still work has they should. Its weird and I replaced that multi function switch, around a year ago. It might be messing up already who knows. Thanks for trying to help guys.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very easy to rule out everything else - put regular bulbs back in those positions as a test. My bet is that they work fine. I wouldn't suspect the multifunction switch since LED's are known to have these kinds of issues in the cluster.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found the problem guys. Ended up being my right front corner light. Since I have them painted I couldn't see bulb and when I opened it up bulb and socket were rusted and I guess shorting out. I just cleaned it up and put new bubs but I cut off the little metal wires from bulbs so they wont make contact..Thanks guys for trying to help me

Rene

Reaction score
Very easy to rule out everything else - put regular bulbs back in those positions as a test. My bet is that they work fine. I wouldn't suspect the multifunction switch since LED's are known to have these kinds of issues in the cluster.

Richard

1sickcrewcab is right, It happen to me and it was a worng bulb issue