Tuff country leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2in tuff country leveling kit for my 97 gmc 1500. I was wondering how good of quality the brand is? guess i shouldve asked this before i ordered it... lol but it was only $107

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Do you have a 2WD or a 4x4? For a 2WD it should be fine, but for a 4x4 you can get the same amount of lift by cranking your torsion bars

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah, i'd recommend that...lift keys just re-index your torsion bars so you can crank them more, but if your bars aren't worn out you can crank them all the way to the droop stops with the stock keys (NOT recommended though!)

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
def what Andrew said ive had 2.5" keys before i joined forum the more ive learned its not worth it you can crank your stock keys. I had horrible aliment issues when i had my leveling kit and it was a ready lift brand. When i got my lift on I took em off went back to stock keys.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you all, its going in today to have the torsion bars cranked and re-alinged

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what about their rear 2" block kits? Any good? Im in the market for a 2" block kit right now for 98 4x4 hoe.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what about their rear 2" block kits? Any good? Im in the market for a 2" block kit right now for 98 4x4 hoe.

I don't know what brand but mine has a 2 in block in the rear and cranked up front. Rear block I wouldn't think the brands would matter much

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
For the rear just go to autozone and pick up a set of blocks

Autozone sells aluminum blocks. And I ran them on my z71 for a couple of yrs and I should have taken a picture of them but they were starting to smush and crack when I took them out. After I saw that I bought the ones from advanced and they seemed to be a little better but a good quality block is worth it.