truck wont run randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
1992 Gmc 1500. Has a rebiult 350 tbi with a bigger cam (not sure on the specs of cam). Well two days after getting rebuilt and running i go out and it wont crank unless you hold the gas to the floor and as soon as you let off it dies. I look at the injectors ones dripping and the other is just dumping fuel. So i change them. It runs for two more days then it does the same thing wont start unlesd floor it and it dies as soon as you let off the gas. I had to unplug one injector to get home. Its like the injectors are flooding it only sometimes. I looked at the injectors and theyre spraying fine and not dripping or anything. I dont know whats goin on i dont really know too much about TBI. Idk if its a bad sensor or what. Money is tight so taking it to a shop is not really an option. I just need some help diagnossing the problem.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure regulator stuck? Because if some fuel isn't allowed to go back to the tank, the injectors would spray like crazy. I would look at the vacuum for the regulator first.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Check fuel filter for rust or crap in the fuel line.
Check yer IAC and TPS on the left side of the TBI. Check the connections.
Reset the IAC by useing a jumper at the data link.
You must be registered for see images attach

Check the connections at the injectors for loose or frayed wire.
Check yer sensor grounds at the front of the block.
Check all the vacuum hoses from throttle body to sensors.

Last edited: