Truck stumbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 97 vortec 5.7 K1500 stumbles at partial throttle. WOT and idle seem fine.
DTC's reported:
P0102
P0300
P0399
P1345
I did un plug and replug the MAF to see if that changed the stumble but it didn't.
I also unplugged and replugged the sensor on the bottom front of the motor to make sure it killed it. Crank Position sensor I think?
Still running first set of cap, rotor, and coil.
151,000 miles.
Ideas?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
151000 miles on the original cap and rotor? holy crap, change them ASAP....fuel filter too, spark plugs, wires, etc....just do a full tune up would be the first thing I'd suggest

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also some of those codes are not related to a tune up
P1345 is an incorrectly set distributor position
I don't see P0399 being a valid GM code are you sure its P0399?
P0102 is a MAF code, unplugging the MAF and plugging it back in won't do anything, pull the MAF off and look at it, it may need cleaning, or replacement.
P0300 is a random misfire might be related to the tune up, or many other things...

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing the tune up, but I think P1345 is my main concern. dizzy hasn't been pulled on this truck

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hold down may have gotten loose or something...its hard to say...its also possible you've got wear on the distributor gear, it doesn't normally throw THAT code for a worn gear, but I've seen stranger things happen.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hold down may have gotten loose or something...its hard to say...its also possible you've got wear on the distributor gear, it doesn't normally throw THAT code for a worn gear, but I've seen stranger things happen.

Mine set that code for my worn distributor gear

Sent from somewhere in MN

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll probably swap in a billet distributor along with the tune up then

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right on, make sure you get the offset set correctly when you reinstall the new distributor.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well swapped in everything new (plugs, wires, cam sensor, cap, and rotor) and still getting a misfire. Code 1345 went away for a bit but hit again tonight.
Anyone ever used this ebay billet dizzy? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLET-vort...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa58f4f98&vxp=mtr

And if I'm able to put the teeth back in exactly how they came out will I need to do the live timing learn? If this relearn is needed for the new cam sensor do I need to try that before getting a new dizzy? Just done with this and ready to have my truck back to normal....