Truck leans to driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92SAS

Reaction score
My truck leans to the driver side pretty good.
I have had people ask me what is wrong with my truck, It's driving me crazy.
I have 5 inch tough country springs in back.
Is there any thing I can do with the springs to level it???
I took it to the frame shop and paid $90 to find out my frame was straight.

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically, there really isn't much you can do. If your frame is true and, guessing by your screen name, that when you swapped your running gear you welded everything in square, you are suffering from the common problem known as Chevy lean. Your gas tank is on the driver side. Thus, when you have gas in the vehicle, the driver side weighs more than the passenger, resulting in the ol' left side lean. I'm sure some people will chime in to as certain "tricks" to level it back out. If it was IFS, it would be as simple as a little crank of the torsion bar on the driver side, a little less on the passenger side. Being a solid axle, suck it up and ride on.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you drive lean all the way to your right..........just kidding :dancingpoop:

It's the **chevy lean**
a combo of drivers weight, fuel tank & fuel in the tank all on the drivers side.

92SAS

Reaction score
I tried putting the steering wheel on the right.
But I think the tank of gas weighs more than me!!

Mudd duk where in Wilmington.
I'm in wilmington NC.
maybe we could wheel together sometime.

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in North Chase dude. Speaking of wheeling, gmfs.com is having a meet at Freeman park (the north end of Carolina beach) the second weekend in June. You should roll out. We'll be camping, haven't figured out yet if it will be Friday or Saturday. I go out there more frequent than that though, so next time I roll out there I'll hit you up.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Date a fat chick :crazy: Not much you can do with chevy lean on a solid axle except scrap your tank for a fuel cell that would sit in the middle

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to a spring shop and have them bend one of your springs up or down a little bit however you want to solve the problem.

92SAS

Reaction score
I live in North Chase dude. Speaking of wheeling, gmfs.com is having a meet at Freeman park (the north end of Carolina beach) the second weekend in June. You should roll out. We'll be camping, haven't figured out yet if it will be Friday or Saturday. I go out there more frequent than that though, so next time I roll out there I'll hit you up.

Yea cool man!
have you ever been to carolina backwoods (near shallotte) check out there web sight.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck only leans a 1/4" if that. it is possible one of your springs was made on a friday afternoon man! i wouldnt let it get to you though. not with a truck that badass atleast!

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Spring spacer on one side or short block?

Mine had the lean from my "adjusting" the front spring rate in a manner in which I DO NOT advise... Swapped out my front coils (I know its a 2x4) with newer ones and fixed my heavy lean, at least to a lesser lean. If you don't have a SAS the torsion keys can be adjusted to compensate like stated above, SAS depending on how you did it, you may be able to add helper air bags to fix the lean or add coil spacers to compensate... Just depends on what you have on how to tackle it...

Hope I helped in some way.

Last edited: