Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Can't really blame you. If I had a 6+3 I wouldn't either. To much time in money in it already. Hell, I'm in the middle of installing my 6, and I can tell you I never wanna have to take this off haha

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Lol but after you have to replace a few cv's or wheel bearings you will say SAS sounds good. Truck still looks good tho
haha i hope I wont have to do that! and back at you man, love your rig, seriously makes me jealous!
Thats a big truck! Looking good!
thanks man i apprecaite it!
Can't really blame you. If I had a 6+3 I wouldn't either. To much time in money in it already. Hell, I'm in the middle of installing my 6, and I can tell you I never wanna have to take this off haha

hell yea man around 52 hours in the body lift and suspension lift alone, thats more than two days of my life I wont get back. Lol!!

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Thanks! Just tried making a dependable rig that I could take almost anywhere. Keep up the good work!

you too man! hopefully will be done with this money pit before new years or hopefully before my birthday in feb. All I have left is re-gear, tire/wheels, and paint. Then im done and can start saving some money for a newer truck and keep this one as a toy or endless project/ weekend driver.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
you too man! hopefully will be done with this money pit before new years or hopefully before my birthday in feb. All I have left is re-gear, tire/wheels, and paint. Then im done and can start saving some money for a newer truck and keep this one as a toy or endless project/ weekend driver.

I hear that! Lmao!

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Hey guys. I havent been on here in awhile. But I always love updating my thread. Because nothing else makes me more mad than finding a build thread that just suddenly ended with no updates, and I dont want to be that person. So here are the updates on the truck.

I should roll over 169,000 this week. Its been lifted for about 65 weeks according to my calender. Its been a great truck. On my third waterpump, 2nd hub assembly, 3rd set of balljoints, 2nd idler pulley, 2nd tensior pulley, 4th serpentine belt, 2nd fuel pump, 2nd power steering pump, 2nd u-joint. All the typical wear and tear. But its my baby, and I try my best to take care of her.

I honestly forgot if I mentioned whether or not I got the PA body lift, But I did. As well as some zone torsion keys, which actually raised my truck quite a bit. It does indeed ride stiff though.

Well here she is, A big difference compared to the first page of this thread to now. Im pround to say I've built her to how she is now, and I dont plan on selling her, though I do intend on finding a new truck, one that gets better gas mileage, perhaps a duramax. But this truck is mine until the day It is totaled.

Thank you to everyone that still follows my slow build thread. Here is the truck, I painted my grille white and I plan on de-molding it within the next few weeks. Happy holidays everyone

The girl likes to help :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Here she is now, taken 2 days ago compared to nearly 3 years

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. I havent been on here in awhile. But I always love updating my thread. Because nothing else makes me more mad than finding a build thread that just suddenly ended with no updates, and I dont want to be that person. So here are the updates on the truck.

I should roll over 169,000 this week. Its been lifted for about 65 weeks according to my calender. Its been a great truck. On my third waterpump, 2nd hub assembly, 3rd set of balljoints, 2nd idler pulley, 2nd tensior pulley, 4th serpentine belt, 2nd fuel pump, 2nd power steering pump, 2nd u-joint. All the typical wear and tear. But its my baby, and I try my best to take care of her.

I honestly forgot if I mentioned whether or not I got the PA body lift, But I did. As well as some zone torsion keys, which actually raised my truck quite a bit. It does indeed ride stiff though.

Well here she is, A big difference compared to the first page of this thread to now. Im pround to say I've built her to how she is now, and I dont plan on selling her, though I do intend on finding a new truck, one that gets better gas mileage, perhaps a duramax. But this truck is mine until the day It is totaled.

Thank you to everyone that still follows my slow build thread. Here is the truck, I painted my grille white and I plan on de-molding it within the next few weeks. Happy holidays everyone

The girl likes to help :)

Here she is now, taken 2 days ago compared to nearly 3 years

Love our fvckin truck man. I get pissy that mine doesn't look something like yours after owning it a year, but this is a good reminder that stuff takes time. Helluva job you've done putting in the work to get it where it is now