Tripp's ********* *****, "Bertha"!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys, so I figured I'd start a little thread to collect any and all of my posts about my truck into one area, and any progress I make, or outings she goes on with me.

So, a little backstory. The original owners were an old couple who bought it new in Grand Rapids, MI. The truck's final assembly was in Janesville, WI. They owned it until they passed away and their son who lived in the Florida Keys inherited it. So I guess he used it for a while before he sold it to the guy I purchased it from and the owner before me only held onto it for 8/9 months before buying a Ford Expedition. So I picked it up as is with 202k on the odo for $2150 in March. I've enjoyed everything about it since, save for the gas mileage. :D

And that's all she wrote!

Now I'm just dreaming of throwing money at it and getting it where I want it. It will take time, but I'll post it all here. Along with any technical issues I'm having, assuming that's allowed in this section?

Now for some pictures!

How she sat as of 05/16/14

You must be registered for see images attach

How she sits now, as of 07/14/14

Interior shots!

Original window sticker!

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Pics!!!!! Haha, technical issues are allowed in this section if in your build thread, otherwise there is a section made for everything

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, awesome. Then my first question would be, what the hell are these lines running from the radiator? They're all wet and I'm trying to fix this truck, one leak at a time. Any help is appreciated! Specs are a 1997 Tahoe 4-door, 5.7L gas, 4L60E (I think), 4x4 with an NP241 transfer case.

Last edited:

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I figured, which I think is pretty awesome that my truck is equipped with a cooler, stock! Now, what's leaking out would certainly be trans fluid right?

Also, how good of a cooler is the stock cooler? And where is it located?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
The cooler itself is a heat sink located in the endtank of the radiator. Unless your towing or race application I would assume the factory cooler would be fine.

Adam

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upon start up of my truck today, a few drops came from the passenger side. Any idea what this is about?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401219874599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401219874599.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 41

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resprayed my tow hooks today. Used VHT flat black engine enamel.
Pictures are before and after.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401476944030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401476944030.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401476955954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401476955954.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 29

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been working my ass off trying to get this plasti-dip off my rims. Now that I've gotten most of it off, I've been met with this grainy that seems to be crusted on my wheels. I've tried polishing them using mothers metal polish and a Terry cloth pad but it was no use. Any ideas?