TransGo 46-94. shifting help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was checking my 1-2 accumulator when I changed my fluid and filter and saw this on the separator plate..... so someone's been in this befor.... since I see no external vacuum add on the only other kit I see for the 4L60E that includes a separator plate is the hd2 kit...

With that said it will not shift outta 1st unless I let off the gas... after that it shifts fine and holds strong on each gear... this is when I'm in the overdrive selector spot... haven't tried it in just drive or manually shifting it yet to see if it differs... If I floor it in other gears it will down shift and tach out till I let off I'm guessing...

Any ideas as to what's causing the not normal up shifts...keeping in mind as far as i can tell the other gears are not slipping when engaged after i get it outta 1st... granted the shifts are not strongly noticeable but they are there... even in od i think I'm only hitting third though...As when I'm at about 65 I'm at 2500 rpms...

my budy followed me home the other day and we compared mph.... i was 5-7 under what my speedo actually said..His was verified by gps... could a vss be bad and still let the speedo work? Tps tests in spec... what about map sensor as it does sense load on the engine....could that have an effect on shifts...

sent from what use to be a great country..