Trans shifting issue help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
Ok so I had the truck is neutral overnight while doing a intake manifold gasket job. (Truck has to be in neutral to get cylinder 1 to tdc to remove distributor) and after doing said gasket swap. Truck does not shift like usual. I actually have to let off gas pedal for it to shift. And it's shifting roughly 10mph higher per gear than usual. I then did a trans fluid flush and filter change. Filled with proper ATF fluid to appropriate level. It's smoother but still not shifting like normal. So it's the same before the trans flush but not as harsh during the gear change. I'm not sure whether I have a 700r4 or what. It is a 4spd though. Any thoughts? If it helps I currently have 2 vacuum lines that are not connected be cuz they were brittle as hell and I'm still waiting for the replacements go arrive. It's a 90' k1500 w/ 350 btw.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What he said ^^^. Let off on the cable about 3 clicks and try it.