Torque Pro app.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 GMC "classic" K2500 5.7 vortec 4l80E
I just installed the Torque Pro app. I was hoping I could get my transmission temp off it. The PID for it is there, but I am getting no data. The torque PID has no data either. For $5 plus the Bluetooth OSB2 reader kind of fun to play with.
Anybody get these to work?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Torque Pro app. I was hoping I could get my transmission temp off it. The PID for it is there, but I am getting no data. The torque PID has no data either. For $5 plus the Bluetooth OSB2 reader kind of fun to play with.
Good questions. I’ve read a lot of conflicting reviews, almost pulled the trigger and then I’m reading it only works with Android phones.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score

I have used the Torque Pro app to monitor the trans temp in my 1999 k2500 / 4l80e on my old phone, unfortunately I have a new phone now and haven't set it up for that yet, so I couldn't say exactly which settings I was using.

The thread below may have some useful info for you.

IIRC, that is basically the method I used to get mine working.

Best of luck.

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the transmission temp working! Modified the equation and reads in F now in stead of C. Torque at wheels reads KW, so I have convert that to ft.lbs yet.

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Original transmission temp PID reading now and Torque is in ft lbs without me doing any changes. Maybe because I quit in the settings and came back later and restarted. My favorite fix; unplug it and plug in back in and works now. Get to count it as a service call.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original transmission temp PID reading now and Torque is in ft lbs without me doing any changes. Maybe because I quit in the settings and came back later and restarted. My favorite fix; unplug it and plug in back in and works now. Get to count it as a service call.
What Bluetooth OBD2 are you using? Also, are you using Android or IOS? Thanks

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bafx Bluetooth OSB2 reader and a 3' cord. If you plug the reader directly into the osb port at night all the flashing lights will drive you crazy. I tucked the reader in under the dash and plug in the cord when I want to use it. I am using a Google Pixel 6 android phone. I have also down loaded it on to my Moto G android phone that I no longer use. My plan is to mount my Moto G in the truck and leave it in. Even without service the GPS is still supposed to work. When I need service on the phone I take it inside and it connects to my Wifi. I haven't tried the Moto out yet in the truck.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I have an old moto G in a drawer somewhere and 2 huge batteries for it. I cant remember why I retired it but that is a hell of a great idea! it's not huge but not too small either. should be easy to mount somewhere and just use GPS or torque pro. I could sync the internet with my phone if I really wanted to but that should be unnecessary.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If torque pro supports the OBDLink LX, you can also the use LX and PCMHammer to hack a 0411 PCM if you are going that route anyway.