tonneau covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88_stepside

Reaction score
im looking for a tonneau, or any build pics of one i can build myself. i would love to have a hard tonneau that sits flush with the bed rails. also it would be sweet if i could work it off of lift supports instead of having a roll up one or something of that sort.
Thanks guys!

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season worst in 20yrs F!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard covers are good if you have thieves, but I found them hard to remove and put back on. I have had a roll up soft for 18yrs now, still in good shape, but I have to remove it in the winter, cause it will collapse with the snow.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a hard cover here in Hawaii... guy wanted $850 for it and I thought that was way too much. I love um personally but 850...

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
A hundred years ago I built a hard cover for a pickup. I started with a sheet of 1/4" cheap plywood and added the necessary supports made out of 3/4" pine. I used an old bed sheet and polyester resin to stick it down and provide a finish I could paint. The sheet was used mainly so the wood grain would not show through. It did add considerable strength. Basically used it in place of fiberglass as I couldn't afford fiberglass at the time. Did both sides to weather proof and make it paintable. I don't remember what I used for hinges. I made up some kind of latch. Again don't remember exactly what I did. While it was a bit on the crude side it was a pretty darn good first attempt. I didn't really plan anything. Just a design and build on the fly kind of thing. Planing would have helped a bit!!

If you decide to do something like this I now buy my fiberglass from Thayercraft. Best prices and fast & free shipping https://thayercraft.com/. Do spend a little time on the site reading about the different types of glass.

Ken

davidshawan

Reaction score
I am looking for Tonneau Covers, I didn't see a forum for interior mods, but I was wondering if there were any options for information on the best tonneau covers. Kindly suggest me, anyone. I watch this best Tonneau Covers but it's not too informational.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this? Thanks