Tire Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tailgunner762

Reaction score
Will 315/75/16 fit on k1500 with a mild TB crank and 1.5 inch blocks in the rear? I'm already running 285/75/16 on NBS stock rims and loving it! Just thinking I might a wee bit more altitude after these wear out.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna say no... Might fit with trimming but it's going to look stuffed.

Tailgunner762

Reaction score
I actual like the stuffed look, if it is still functional. As in no rubbing. Does anyone have some pics of a stock truck with tb crank and blocks on 35s?

Wardi

Reaction score
Maybe just do the 295s or 305/70s? Yea I'd love to see pics of someone "at the size limit" for your/our truck and where they rub. BF Goodrich has a pretty good website with lots of size charts diameter/width. Like you I'm running BF Goodrich 285/75/16 on rock crawler 152s and they rubbed loud when turning hard over a rain trough right at the very end of the bumper and right at the lowest outside point on the fender just to the rear of the wheel. The garage guy at my office thought I was really damaging something when I turned in the first few times. Before it damaged the tire I just took an air grinder/wheel to the bumper and the fender until the noise stopped. I've seen some GMT400s where folks have removed that whole little fender piece to the rear of the front wheel. I've not had to do anything to the rears, but if I keep these rims I was definitely going to go for the 295/75s, knowing I'd have to grind a little more!! But since I'm thinking about a brake upgrade I'll need to get bigger wheels etc. etc. etc.etc

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
TB crank, no blocks, 35x12.50x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on 2008 suburban wheels. They clear fine. Still have the valence on the front, not trimmed anywhere. Those 315's won't be any bigger than these.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You can see a little more of the clearance on the second picture