Thinkin about 33x12.5 r15 on stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bomboi

Reaction score
look up torsion bars...you can "crank" them (up) to raise the ride height of your vehicle

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Your k1500 has torsion bars in the front for the suspension. They twist and act as the spring.

The bars have a hex at both ends. One goes into the lower control arm and the other goes into a "key" at the rear to hold it in place. The key rides on a plate with a bolt in it. By "cranking" the bolt inward more it twists the key, which raises the vehicle.

-via Mobile

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
The crank thing was a joke by the way. Don't do it you're truck will eat front ends

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The crank thing was a joke by the way. Don't do it you're truck will eat front ends

Can be done without problems to a point. When your ride starts to suffer, front end parts start wearing faster and faster.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Can be done without problems to a point. When your ride starts to suffer, front end parts start wearing faster and faster.

Yes but not enough to clear 33s on a 15 in rim my 2500ld barely clears and it's cranked

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Yeah, i thought that it was about rotating torsion bars, but wasn't sure. Lack of english terminology :) Thanks, guys!

fiorucci1414

Reaction score
Im running a 285/70/17 on factory escalade wheels and have no problems. There like 32.71