The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After cranking (which is why I said your ride would be about the same since you've already cranked) I got 5.75" in the front and a hair over 6" in the back.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So will I actually get a true 6 inches?
With a superlift you'll get 6 inches without cranking with an rcx you'll have to crank a little over 1.5 inches for true 6
After cranking (which is why I said your ride would be about the same since you've already cranked) I got 5.75" in the front and a hair over 6" in the back.
It won't be there's a massive difference and cranking 3 inches and only cranking 1.5

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I really want to crank my T-bars down and get a smoother ride all while getting a true 6in's! Looks like I'll be going with super lifts since it's about the same price!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well I really want to crank my T-bars down and get a smoother ride all while getting a true 6in's! Looks like I'll be going with super lifts since it's about the same price!
Good choice ull love it!

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a superlift you'll get 6 inches without cranking with an rcx you'll have to crank a little over 1.5 inches for true 6

That's a definite advantage. Don't you have to weld with the Super Lift, though? I know that was a decision maker for me since I did the install in my driveway and I don't have a welder.

It won't be there's a massive difference and cranking 3 inches and only cranking 1.5

The reason I said that was because he didn't specify that he had cranked 3" and just said he cranked and had the 3" blocks. Unless he said he cranked until it was completely level. I was unaware you could crank that much so I assumed he had only gone about 1.5"-1.75" like I had to to get my truck remotely level. That's why I figured the ride would be close to the same. :)

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
That's a definite advantage. Don't you have to weld with the Super Lift, though? I know that was a decision maker for me since I did the install in my driveway and I don't have a welder.

The reason I said that was because he didn't specify that he had cranked 3" and just said he cranked and had the 3" blocks. Unless he said he cranked until it was completely level. I was unaware you could crank that much so I assumed he had only gone about 1.5"-1.75" like I had to to get my truck remotely level. That's why I figured the ride would be close to the same. :)
No, you don't have to weld, minor cutting and drilling is required, other than that 100% bolt on.

Measuring from the center of the holes in the drop bracket, its exactly 5", RCX is 5.125"

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

3 inches is possible if your t bars are in really good shape
No, you don't have to weld, minor cutting and drilling is required, other than that 100% bolt on.

Measuring from the center of the holes in the drop bracket, its exactly 5", RCX is 5.125"
wait what? i thought it was a full 6"

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ah. Thanks for the info. So, does the RCX drop the diff further than the Super Lift? Or is that a typo? I know it doesn't drop the full 6" because, per RCX, the hardware for the the front lift is the same between the 4.5" and 6" lifts.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
3 inches is possible if your t bars are in really good shape

wait what? i thought it was a full 6"
Nope. The old first gen kits may have been, my second gen is only 5"
Ah. Thanks for the info. So, does the RCX drop the diff further than the Super Lift? Or is that a typo? I know it doesn't drop the full 6" because, per RCX, the hardware for the the front lift is the same between the 4.5" and 6" lifts.
Yes, but only by a little. both companies sell the same kit for their 4/6" lifts, the 4 is decranked some and the 6 is cranked up a little.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. The old first gen kits may have been, my second gen is only 5"

Yes, but only by a little. both companies sell the same kit for their 4/6" lifts, the 4 is decranked some and the 6 is cranked up a little.

So to get the 4" that's not cranking the Tbars. But to get the 6" you have to crank them correct?