the 1990 GMC Sierra DD build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What type of mirrors are on the truck? I like the way they look on it. Also, what kinda grille is the 94-98 chevy style grille? I've never seen one before.

that's an old CalCustoms grille from what I've been told and can remember. they aren't made anymore, and are almost impossible to find. especially one that's never been installed. and as far as the mirrors i have on my truck, they are the same style/ones that came on the 454SS trucks

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well... good thing I decided to change the outer wheel bearing that kept getting play in it... cause it was on its way to messing stuff up (spindle), and it did mess up the bearing race.
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trimmed the front bumper to keep tires from rubbing while turning

picked up some 1/2" electrical conduit to make some new bed side supports for when i pull the bed sides to cover the wheels and tires with the spacers on

2" wheel spacers also arrived today... packaged really well too, which is kinda surprising. lol.

How did those wheel spacers work out for you? Any vibration, wobble, bounce etc. I have 1 1/2" in the rear but want to go 2" ALL around. I like it wide!!

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did those wheel spacers work out for you. Any vibration, wobble, bounce etc. I have 1 1/2" in the rear but want to go 2" ALL around. I like it wide!!

They are ok. And yes, there's some wobble (steering wheel shake but only when braking), and sometimes some bouncing (also only when braking), but i dont think thats because of the spacers though. Im pretty sure it has to do with the steering (probably tie rods since I haven't replaced them yet). Other than that, all seems to be good, no vibration while driving or anything

I want updates, this is one of my favorite builds for some reason :lol:

Lol. Thanks. But unfortunately no updates at this time. Just trying to survive out here in this cold cold world. Lol

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not much of an update. lol. but here are a few things that have got done/happened since i was here last...
got a trailer wiring harness, and got it wired up

got rid of the camper shell. i missed not having it on their. lol.

and made it do some heavy work for the first time since I've had it, and it did it issue free. :D

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some small updates... getting ready to pull the bed off, so i can change the fuel sending unit in hopes to fix my misreading gas gauge issue. truck is a little wide. lol

doing some work... got the bed all unbolted, and pulled. now to change out that sending unit

and... it didn't work. nothing changed. So, i picked these up today. so hopefully one of them will make my gas gauge work correctly again. :)

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that green light in the upper right of the gauge a headlight on indicator? My moonie cluster doesn't have that... or my bulb is burned out, idk.