Tcc pwm solenoid proper ohms and opperation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my truck popped up the infamous 1870 code I didn't actually know I had a code until I noticed the hard shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd and so I searched it online and found the 1870s can the truck and there's the code but it could be because I also changed the 4 wheel drive push button switch either way the truck was shifting really hard but not all the time so I dropped the pan and there's a fair amount of metal on the magnet not a ton anyway I pulled the solenoid and it tested 56 ohms seems kind of high so one that I got from the junkyard tested 11 ohms and when I put it on a power supply that I have it Drew about an amp the other one Drew about 3:00 amps and didn't feel like it was really doing anything when you powered it up so the 11 homes seems a bit low also but I put that in the truck and put a new filter and installed the pan and put new fluid and so far I'm not getting any issues but was curious is 11 ohms bad. I've rebuilt a couple of 700 R4 s so I know a little bit about these but really I don't play around with the valve bodies much

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see this is another not so active forum.
Oh well.
Truck seems to be driving well now with the junkyard selonoid and new fluid and filter.
P1870 code hasnt come back and no more hard shifts.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Som3 pics

You must be registered for see images attach