Sylvania Zevo LED lights, anyone use them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Different designs for different housings, though I'm not sure what housing they had in mind with that one.

If they were really bright, that light would feed the reflector of most housings without causing glare towards cars behind the vehicle.

They have two designs of their LED's though, the fin style like in previous reply, and the "R2D2" style with a dome. From what I've read the domed ones aren't as bright. So to me, neither sound like a good choice.

They seem to be a poorly-designed product trading on the Philips name. Philips might be trusted and known, but they also need to move units just like anybody else and somtimes that means "give the people what they want" - even if what the people want isn't a technically useful product.

Richard

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Completely agree with you Richard. That's why Super Bright LEDs would be a more wise choice since they have the SRCK bulb there and they have the better 360 degree design.

The only LEDs I love from Sylvania are their 168/194s and that's about it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For a few years I've been using some projector style from Autolumination/Superlumination...I'm not totally impressed by their apparent lack of warranty now; they used to have a limited warranty you could pay a few bucks extra for. They have been pretty fair in exchanging a few bad items for me though. I have probably spent around $500 with them over several different vehicles. Problem is, they don't have any of those really bright projector style in SRCK. They do have one, but it's a somewhat lower-powered piece, no idea how bright it is but it may be worth trying at $20/ea.

These are the "80W Cree" projector type from them. Now the 80W is pure hype, it's just a total of the output of each device on the assembly. However there are 16 high powered LED's inside this thing; 4 groups of 3 around the sides and 4 aiming rearwards with a projector lens. They are $30/ea.

Installed as brake/tail in my 300C SRT8, this is just the taillights on
You must be registered for see images attach

Close-up to show the individual LED's

Reflection of taililghts on the garage door

Reflection of taililghts and uppers with brake lights on the garage door

I've also got them in the reverse and turn signal positions, and have switchback turn signals up front.

Video is actually from my previous 300, but I moved the stuff over to my new one. The switchback LED's are from DDMTuning IIRC.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Richard

Last edited:

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
Wow Richard... they look bright...
poor ******* behind you is going to be suffering from red eye...

Sent from my Commodore 64 using 300 Baud Modem.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
I didn't think of daylight, I was only thinking about night time...

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Those are wicked bright! The brighter the better in this day in age.