stupid engine wont stop leaking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
If you have coolant coming from the intake then you most likely would have coolant in the oil, as the gasket would be blown. I suppose it could have just blown on the outer edge of one of the rear ports and be coming down, but I would definitely start with the freeze plug or knock sensor.

loud00chevy

Reaction score
Did it leak constantly?

I was losing coolant constantly, started off slow then started losing quicker. Didn't know where it was leaking until I crawled under and told wife to squeeze radiator hose and sprayed me

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
when my 305 popped it's intake gasket I at first thought it was freeze plugs as the truck had been sitting for a year and was said to maybe have straight water in it (was luckily false) and was dripping coolant back by the starter. As I came to find out it was leaking out the front of the intake and water pump gaskets, going down the front of the motor and riding the top lip of the oil pan all the way back before dripping off. Also an intake gasket will leak at certain temperature ranges when it's starting to go south before becoming a constant leak

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already did the water pump..when i bought the truck it had sat most of its life..they put an intake on and used some ****** sealant on it...im checking the freeze plug today and sensor...will post results..

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i put it on a lift and itsnot the freeze plug or knock sensor...its coming from up by the intake/heads but i wasnt able to pin point it. So i put a mirror in the back of the engine bay and i saw it is very wet and greasy behind my intake...only problem is it does not smell like anti freeze..i guess i will have to pull the intake and find out what the deal is?