stupid engine wont stop leaking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 tbi will not stop leaking. So far i have replaced the waterpump, gooseneck, the quick dissconnect at the back of the intake and the heatercore...and it is still leaking. It drips back by the starter..i thought maybe a frost plug but it is not a steady leak...it seems to leak only when it feels like it? Does anyone have any ideas??

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it leak all the time if it is the intake gasket? IIm not burning it and its not in my oil or the puke tank

loud00chevy

Reaction score
Just had to replace my freeze plug over the starter yesterday. get a screwdriver and touch the freeze plug, might be a small hole like mine til I touched it, then there was a hole

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The knock sensor is actually in a hole that sees coolant and is above the starter...perhaps from there? I'd say knock sensor or freeze plug.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Would i have to buy a new sensor or is there a way to seal it?

You can pull that one out and put some thread sealing tape on it, not much though. Don't want it getting in your cooling system. Be wary though, coolant will come out.