Steering problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know what the problem could be with my truck, but it seems like my steering is too hard to turn. Ive had the steering box replaced, power steering line replaced, and had my front end fixed up some. Does anyone know what could be causing it to feel like it has no power steering?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug the evo steering sensor at the bottom of the steering column. Its a black sensor with three wires on it. Blue, gray an orange.

These work with a valve in the steering pump to vary the steering assist level depending on vehicle speed, steering input an other things. When that sensor goes bad it can do all kinds of weird things. Easiest thing to do is unplug it an forget it. You can replace the sensor but it will just fail again.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like 91blue said it could just be some air in the system. take some weight off the front end and open the ps fluid cap and cycle the steering a couple times to purge it.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you sure you got all the air out of the system?

I had my friend whose a mechanic do all of it for me. So im not sure.

Unplug the evo steering sensor at the bottom of the steering column. Its a black sensor with three wires on it. Blue, gray an orange.

These work with a valve in the steering pump to vary the steering assist level depending on vehicle speed, steering input an other things. When that sensor goes bad it can do all kinds of weird things. Easiest thing to do is unplug it an forget it. You can replace the sensor but it will just fail again.

Ok would that also cause some like jumping in the steering. Like sometimes I will turn left and the steering will like skip or jolt. Not sure how to explain it.

open the ps fluid cap and cycle the steering wheel back and forth a couple times to purge the system of air.

Ok, ill have to try that. Thanks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok would that also cause some like jumping in the steering. Like sometimes I will turn left and the steering will like skip or jolt. Not sure how to explain it.

Yes that is another symptom of the sensor going out. Unplug it an you should be good to go.