Starter Problems......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra98

Reaction score
I need a new starter, and I was wondering how to replace it? Anybody got step by step directions. pics would be nice

thanks.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's basically pretty easy but I suggest you buy/borrow a repair manual or log on to autozone.com and download their R/R Instructions.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
first step ALWAYS disconnect the battery then get to work! its self explanitory for the main part,on my 98 i had 2 bolts, just reattach positive wire and ground if needed

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the same question...there are two lines that go over the bottom of mine....will it drop to the side of these without having to remove them...is it really as easy as two bolts and two or three wires? thanks

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll have you some pics today or tomorrow...i had to shim mine up and might add another one in there...my parents have an obs suburban and there is a little different sound so i'm trying to get it close to theirs because it sounds perfect...

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's two bolts to drop the starter. The pain in the butt part is getting the wires off of the thing. Sometimes you can manage to get them off before you remove the starter from the block, other times you have to drop the starter and try to suspend it while you remove the wires...other times the starter drops and you're not prepared for the weight and you rip the wires and then you have to put new terminals on them.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hardest part is getting to the little connections on the solenoid. There's just not much space to work in