Spider to mpfi wow! What a difference!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after removing and reinstalling my intake about 20 different times with several different spider injection units and cleaning and trying to replace different ones and never quite getting rid of the engine misfires, I happen to be at the junkyard and found an Escalade from 99 or 2000 that had the updated injection multiport fuel injection.
I swapped that bad boy in there and the truck just purrs and runs as smooth as our 03 Tahoe does. No more running rough and hard starts!! wow what a difference a!!!
Got mine cheap at junkyard, but if you are having problems with your spider injection I'd say it's worth biting the bullet ordering one of these from like RockAuto or wherever they sell them for the cheapest.
You must be registered for see images attach

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Yeah, this mod fixed up my misfires too. i changed over about 2 yrs ago.

Was is difficult to remove the injectors at the junk yard without breaking the tabs? Did they just pull right out?

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Was is difficult to remove the injectors at the junk yard without breaking the tabs? Did they just pull right out?
Sometimes they do. But the Escalade obviously had a newer ish unit. Maybe 5 years or more old. The original ones break often. I'm not sure what the first year would have been that you could have gotten the multi-port fuel injection but even in 99 or 2000 didn't come stock with it

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Oh I forgot the multi-port fuel injection doesn't really have the clips anyways. They just pulled out pretty easy minus the usual intake deposit crap holding them in

delta_p

Reaction score
Yeah the original injector tabs shattered on me when i took them out of my '96. I remember the Delco MPFI unit i put in had some little ears on them so the snap in and lock. I was just curious if those interfere with removal at all if i ever have to pull them out.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the original injector tabs shattered on me when i took them out of my '96. I remember the Delco MPFI unit i put in had some little ears on them so the snap in and lock. I was just curious if those interfere with removal at all if i ever have to pull them out.
This one did not have any ears on it

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This one did not have any ears on it
They also remember installing one of these on a customers 4.3 Vortec Blazer send I was surprised that the conversion one did not have ears to snap in so apparently the cheaper ones that aren't made by ACDelco do not have ears is it possible for them to just come out on their own butt gravity is going to pretty much keep them in there

delta_p

Reaction score
Excellent. Well the way I roll, if I ever have to get to them they're coming out regardless of any tabs : )

Glad to hear you got your ride running smooth. Always excited to hear when someone gets their GMT400 running and fixed.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent. Well the way I roll, if I ever have to get to them they're coming out regardless of any tabs : )

Glad to hear you got your ride running smooth. Always excited to hear when someone gets their GMT400 running and fixed.
Well I've still got the squealing belt water pump noise after replacing the banged-up harmonic balancer this truck has been plaguing me with the stupid chirping noise for over 2 years now the lower pulley doesn't wobble anymore but I still have that chirping sound now and then