spark plug replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys which way do you replace your plugs? from the top or from the side by removing the flap? or do you have an easier method?

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
From the top with a swivel and the rachet head on my wrench bends to make it easier

Sent from my awesome S5

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I don't even use a swivel. Just a plug socket, and plug socket only with a 4" extension and ratchet. Never use anything besides an actual plug socket. Also common knowledge, but only start the threads by hand either just the plug itself, with the socket and extension only or you can use a piece of runner line over the tip to spin it in. Never start it with the ratchet.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't even use a swivel. Just a plug socket, and plug socket only with a 4" extension and ratchet. Never use anything besides an actual plug socket. Also common knowledge, but only start the threads by hand either just the plug itself, with the socket and extension only or you can use a piece of runner line over the tip to spin it in. Never start it with the ratchet.

yes yes i know how to thread a blind hole haha, im a heavy duty mechanic apprentice haha. thanks tho :p

i have yet to do the plugs pn a truck like this so the technique is appreciated!