soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol AGAIN with this kid? Right on son, Im sure you have lots of experiance with new diesel pickups. Bottom line is they are all nice trucks. I drove all 3 set up simular with the exception the dodge was a 4 door because they dont offer an ext cab anymore. I guess if you want to internet compare them and add aftermarket mods or simply look at max HP/TQ that you can make, you might have a point.
im sorry im not old, im sorry that im a stupid ass kid, get your head out of your ass, the new chevys are junk design, it takes an hour to change the dang light bulb. your right i dont have a lot of experiance with new diesel pickups, but i have been around enough people with dmaxes, cummins and a few powerstrokes to know duramax lead nothing, powerstrokes have the best trannies, and cummins have the best engine for sure, chevy might have the best ifs, but most people change that if they do any offroading.
ohh, and btw, yes i know im young, your not the first to point that out, and you wont be the last, so get over it that im younger, just means i have more time to learn

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im sorry im not old, im sorry that im a stupid ass kid, get your head out of your ass, the new chevys are junk design, it takes an hour to change the dang light bulb. your right i dont have a lot of experiance with new diesel pickups, but i have been around enough people with dmaxes, cummins and a few powerstrokes to know duramax lead nothing, powerstrokes have the best trannies, and cummins have the best engine for sure, chevy might have the best ifs, but most people change that if they do any offroading.
ohh, and btw, yes i know im young, your not the first to point that out, and you wont be the last, so get over it that im younger, just means i have more time to learn

i see where you are coming from. i just disagree to the extreme you take it. with a lot of mods, yes, the ford trans is a little stronger than the allison. but stock vs stock both will do just fine. they are all nice trucks. i dont think any is the "best." depends on the person and how its being used. in my opinion, the jury is still out on the 6.7s. right now theyre great, but like any new design, flaws can pop up in time.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i see where you are coming from. i just disagree to the extreme you take it. with a lot of mods, yes, the ford trans is a little stronger than the allison. but stock vs stock both will do just fine. they are all nice trucks. i dont think any is the "best." depends on the person and how its being used. in my opinion, the jury is still out on the 6.7s. right now theyre great, but like any new design, flaws can pop up in time.
agreed, they are all good for stock... well besides the dodge tranny... that was just a fail.
my response was to Blazer, hes stuck up that chevy is so much better, and nothing to back it up, besides his "testdrives" of all of them.
but lets be real, who keeps their diesels stock? besides old men in their 50s that live on a ranch

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
agreed, they are all good for stock... well besides the dodge tranny... that was just a fail.
my response was to Blazer, hes stuck up that chevy is so much better, and nothing to back it up, besides his "testdrives" of all of them.
but lets be real, who keeps their diesels stock? besides old men in their 50s that live on a ranch

With his experience and in HIS opinion it is better.

You guys are crazy if you think you are going to change peoples opinions.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

yea ive had major driveline issues with dodges at work. there may be some kind of preventative maintenance for it, but i dont know. thats the main thing i tell people when deciding on a diesel, drive them all. see which you like for what you will be using it for. they all have issues that the factory failed on that you have to take care of. find the truck that you like and then figure out how to prevent what may happen.

haha im with you on the stock thing. but some people look for speed, some look want to set up for pulling. theres a lot of options with diesels that a lot of people try to generalize, and it distorts a lot of information. the edge insight is the number 1 product i recommend for any diesel. u have to keep an eye on all your parameters when modding. if you mod and cant see your temps, pressures, etc, your playin with fire

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

not trying to change opinions, just trying to show him the light, i guess people can be stuck on the whole this company is supiror even when they are that age... most people get over it around middle school though

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

im not trying to change anyones mind. i dont care what people buy. just sharing my thoughts and experiences. i try to keep an open mind on all of it and find the goods and bads of all the trucks.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea ive had major driveline issues with dodges at work. there may be some kind of preventative maintenance for it, but i dont know. thats the main thing i tell people when deciding on a diesel, drive them all. see which you like for what you will be using it for. they all have issues that the factory failed on that you have to take care of. find the truck that you like and then figure out how to prevent what may happen.

haha im with you on the stock thing. but some people look for speed, some look want to set up for pulling. theres a lot of options with diesels that a lot of people try to generalize, and it distorts a lot of information. the edge insight is the number 1 product i recommend for any diesel. u have to keep an eye on all your parameters when modding. if you mod and cant see your temps, pressures, etc, your playin with fire
that for sure, everyone around here has pillar gagues for that, that was the first thing i was gonna order if we ended up with a diesel was some kind of pillar gagues or a pod like you were talking about.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
LOL obviously you have never worked on fords and ran into their COUNTLESS "better ideas"

For what its worth its not really your age that bothers me, its the fact that you tend to argue with not only everything I post but most other people as well. Your a smart assed know it all, you listen to your friends and think their word is gosple and the end all, undeniable fact. I guess you wasnt around a few short years ago when ford and dodge where trying to make their pathetic gasoline transmissions work behind the diesels and GM come out with basicly a smaller version of a semi trans.

The way you talk your obviously clueless to what real hot rodding is. You seam to focus on the horsepower then say the trans is weak. A real power junkie that knows his ass from a hole in the ground knows that if you make more power you need to beef up the rest of the drive train to handle the added power. Its blatantly obvious that you have no clue that there are ways to build the allison to handle the power. All you see is programers and exhaust and raw power and a weak STOCK transmission.

Do yourself a favor and youtube some sled pulling videos of duramax/allison trucks up in the 1500ftlb area before you go spurting off that an allison cant hang.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I fully expect your next reply to be something to the effect of "you dont have to modify the ford trans to handle the power" :hmm:

Im not trying to change anyones opinion I just dont like people throwing out false info.......