Some light removal and 3rd break light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve95

Reaction score
Hell yeah. I'm coming from Toyotas so everything about this truck is new to me. Stole that I can actually look on big websites like summit to look for parts.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
96k1500 - which one did you buy? The one df2x4 posted by Anzo is for regular cabs. Won't fit correctly on extended cab, the roof is shaped quite different at the back. Don't ask me why...but it is.

Richard

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
96k1500 - which one did you buy? The one df2x4 posted by Anzo is for regular cabs. Won't fit correctly on extended cab, the roof is shaped quite different at the back. Don't ask me why...but it is.

Richard

The 3rd brake light is the same one

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting. Wondering how the aftermarket light solves that problem, because OEM, they are very much not the same piece.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. Wondering how the aftermarket light solves that problem, because OEM, they are very much not the same piece.

Richard

I actually wondered about this, too. As I mentioned earlier, my XM antenna is routed through the opening for my 3rd brake light so I had to use a little silicone to stop a leak. While I was fixing that, I noticed that the contour of the new lens was a little different from my factory one. The top of the plastic seems to extend a little farther back than the original, to a point where I had to dremel a small piece of it out so that the wire for my antenna would clear and not be smushed. It fits and looks fine, light throw is fine, but it sits a little differently on the back of the cab. I wonder if they somehow found a happy medium that will work with both cab styles?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333