solid brake light, no cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westsoundred

Reaction score
my 1992 K1500 is showing me a solid red brake light and no cruise control. I've replaced:

speed sensor
pads, rotors, shoes, drums
brake switch on pedal arm

brakes work fine, but the light is annoying. I'm wondering if a switch of some sort has blown that would knock out the cruise and keep the light on. Any ideas?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Sometimes the brake pedal rests ever so slightly on the switch causing it to be tripped. Try a bungee cord wrapped behind the pedal and above the steering column to pull the pedal toward you before replacing more parts

westsoundred

Reaction score
well, the other parts HAD to be replaced, they were worn/causing other issues. This is a new one issue and I listed the parts just in case I installed something incorrectly

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I'll put money on it having something to do with the brake switch. Do what the other guy said, if it doesn't work then replace the switch. Could test the switch also

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
What year? Check for an abs code in the obd port. The brake light will flash like the check engine light